Embracing Reality. Tackling Culture.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Swing and a miss in O-Town

I read a book by Soren Kierkegaard a couple years back entitled The Sickness Unto Death. The premise is that you can lose a loved one, a limb, a job, your keys, etc, and remember the day, but lose yourself and never realize it. That is definitely a risk when you travel on a weekly basis, going out most nights with either customers or friends. So in an attempt to stay grounded in my Catholic Faith, I'm trying to mix-in Catholic events in the cities where I travel. Well, it is off to an inauspicious start. I showed up at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Winter Park, FL, for Taco Night, which I found advertised online, the only downside being that no one else showed up. Haha - it's a start, though, and I'll try again the next time I'm traveling. (Sadly, there was no individual contact info on the website).

Although, I did join a Catholic chat on Twitter chat tonight, so I still salvaged some Catholicity today.

And tomorrow I'm going to try to make it over to the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment